Risotto di Mazzancolle e Piselli
Herald in the spring with this lemony risotto.
If you think that risotto is only a dish for the winter months, then think again.
The addition of lemon really lifts the flavour but without being overpowering and makes it into the perfect spring risotto.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
To view a PDF of the recipe click here.
This recipe is taken from our “A Delicious Summer that’s Just so Italian” recipe book.
Ingredients which are available from our Just so Italian online shop are marked with a ‘*’ and have a web link.
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
400g carnaroli* or vialone nano* rice
100ml dry white wine
approx. 1.8 litres hot vegetable stock
250g raw king prawns
200g frozen peas
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan and gently cook the onion and garlic for about 10 minutes until everything has softened and turned translucent.
2. Add the rice to the pan and stir until all the grains are coated in fat. Then pour in the wine and stir until it has evaporated.
3. Start adding the stock a ladleful or two at a time, stirring the rice until it has absorbed the liquid before adding any more.
4. After about 10 minutes add the prawns, peas, lemon zest and juice, then continue cooking gradually adding more stock. Season with salt and pepper.
5. The risotto is ready when the rice is soft, but still al dente. This should take about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat, stir through the extra virgin olive oil and finish with a generous sprinkling of parsley. Serve immediately.